Windows users, try these steps to update your G2 firmware without using the Printrbot Firmware Updater (PBFU) for mac.
- Power ON your Simple Pro and connect the USB cable to your computer
- On your computer, navigate to Control Panel/Device Manager/Ports (TIP: the easiest way to find out which port your Simple Pro is plugged into is to open the Device Manager first and check what ports are already there before powering on your Simple Pro. You will see the new port number show up after turning on the Simple Pro)
- Visit https://github.com/synthetos/
g2/wiki/Connecting-to-g2core to download the windows inf driver (right-click "Save As")
- Next, right-click the com port in device manager and click "update driver".
- Select the .inf file you just downloaded from github. Be sure to select "Bossa Program Port" from the list.
- Visit https://github.com/synthetos/g2/wiki/Flashing-g2core-with-Windows and follow the instructions there (start at step 2). These instructions will direct you to download the adruino-flash-tools, which contain the bossac.exe needed to flash the g2board. They will also direct you to use command prompt to enter "cd C:\arduino-flash-tools-
master\arduino-flash-tools- master\tools_windows\bossac\ bin" (without quotations). ...assuming your download folder is on root of c drive type
- Next, type "mode COMx BAUD=1200" where x is the com port number in device manager you saw earlier. Move the Printrbot G2 firmware to the same folder as bossac.exe and type "bossac.exe --port=COMx -U true -e -w -v -b C:\arduino-flash-tools-master\
arduino-flash-tools-master\ tools_windows\bossac\bin\ G2core170411.bin -R". Again make sure the com port is changed to the same port number that your Simple Pro is on.