See the video(s) below for installation instructions on for your Super Z Upgrade. A few notes before you begin.
NOTES: Before You Begin
- Watch both videos first.
- The first video is the original installation video was produced for the older Z upgrade, which included a 1/4"-16 acme rod. Your kit includes 8mm 4-start threaded rod (lead screw). So, you will need to install the new coupler and Z nut as well.
- See the second video for instructions on installing the coupler and Z nut.
- As of 8/11/16, the aluminum handle is no longer included in this upgrade kit.
- You will need to send the following commands through your Pronterface UI. Since you are upgrading to larger build volume and a different pitch of threaded rod, new settings will need to be saved to your Printrboard.
- M211 Z250
- M92 Z400
- You will also need to make the following adjustments in your Machine Settings in Cura.
- Machine/Machine Settings
- Maximum height (mm) = 250
- Click "Ok" to save.