If your extruder is clicking and/or you notice that filament is not freely extruding from the tip, try these tips to unclog your hot end. The steps below are shown on a ceramic style hot end, but will work for the Ubis 13S as well.
*Printrbot considers hot end tips as a "consumable" and recommends installing a replacement every 3-6 months.
"The Cold Pull" - Using filament, to remove filament
- Bring the hot end to temp (apx 200-230C) using your software. Once the desired temperature is reached, let the hot end stabilize at that temperature for 3-5 minutes.
- Load filament into the extruder and attempt to extrude 5-10mm. It's okay if no filament extrudes from the nozzle. The purpose of this step is to seat the filament into the nozzle/clog.
- Bring the hot end temp down to 100C. Let the temperature stabilize for 3-5 minutes.
- Depress the extruder arm and physically pull the filament up out of the hot end. The filament may stretch a few inches, but eventually, you should hear a "pop" and feel the filament come loose from the hot end.
- Often when the filament pops out, you'll see a little cone at the end with a speck of dirt. That is usually the dirt in the brass nozzle.