Updating or "flashing" the firmware on your Printrboard is a best practice for general maintenance as well as a great first step when you are troubleshooting.
Simple Pro Users: Click here for your firmware flash guide.
NOTE: BEFORE FLASHING YOUR FIRMWARE
*Listed firmware is for Rev F4 or later boards. Legacy printers/boards please see our Guide Archive
It is recommended to take note of your Auto-Leveling Probe offset. You can do this by entering M501 into the "Send" line of the Pronterface UI. Write the values of the M212 line down before beginning the flash process. For more on this, see this article.
- Click here to download the Printrbot Firmware Updater for Mac.
- Click here for a quick guide on running the updater to flash your board.
Download the Current Firmware
- Find the most current firmware for your F5/F6 Printrbot at https://github.com/Printrbot/firmware-updater/tree/gh-pages
- To download the file, click on the green "Clone or download" button and select "Download Zip".
- Unzip the folder and select the appropriate .hex file for your bot in the "binaries" folder.
Download the Atmel flip software
- Atmel - Visit atmel.com/tools/flip.aspx to download the Flip 3.4.7 Java environment included. Then install the software.
Follow the Flash Guide
- Click here for a step by step pdf on flashing your board with Atmel flip.
*For source codes and change logs, please see https://github.com/Printrbot