"I have started to reach out to the TinyG/Chilipeppr community to get it running via Chilipeppr. I'd still like to figure out why I cannot connect the Printrbot CNC app. I'm running now with Chilipeppr...but some questions.
Do you guys have a cheat sheet for feeds and speeds that you have been using on the various materials you have been cutting?
So I've noticed that when I home the machine and start a cut from the home position, alarms are triggered from the router head touching the endstops when it comes around for a full pass. Is it best to not set machine zero to work zero?
How many other Crawlbots are out there? I can't really find any resources for it, do you have any sort of documentation for it?
There is mention of a larger table one could make to cut full 4' by 8' sheets, is that available anywhere?" -Andy
Thanks for your patience Andy. I have copy/pasted some info from your email thread to this support request, in case anyone else needs to view it later.
- Connection: Nick, our resident Crawlbot expert has not experienced any connection issues to date. Of course, we are exclusively Mac at our shop. I understand you are on Windows 10. I have seen a couple instances of connection issues with the Crawlbot. I know the 'power cycle' approach is not a novel approach. However, that has been the most effective solution to the few cases I have seen.
- Close the Printrbot CNC App
- Close your web browser
- Power off the Crawlbot and let it sit for 60 seconds
- Power the Crawlbot back on
- Open your web browser back up
- Open and log into the CNC App
- Materials Cheat Sheet: There is no 'cheat sheet' for material settings that I am aware of. There are some tutorials at printrbot.com/crawlbot that cover Fusion 360 settings, but most of those are for plywood.
- 'Is it best to not set machine zero to work zero?' In short, you do make things easier on yourself if you do not set the machine to work zero to zero. If you are going to cut along the edge of the capacity of the Crawlbot, be sure that you set the origin point on the outer corner (front left) of the file. If the origin point is set in the center of the file and 'home' is set at the corner of the cutting surface, the mill will try to cut outside of the cutting surface - triggering the end stops.
- 'How Many Crawlbots are out there?' The Crawlbot is a relatively new product. There are only a handful (~10-20) in the wild. All of the available documentation can be found at printrbot.com/crawlbot.
- 4x8 Table: The 4'x8' table file was just recently published at printrbot.com/crawlbot ...or you can click here to download it.
I hope that is helpful,