For the Ubis 13S Manual please CLICK HERE .
Installing your Ubis 13S:
* With a 1.5 allen wrench remove the M3 20mm set screw from the lower right base of the extruder.
* Once the M3 20mm screw is loose carefully pull hot end down and out of the extruder base.
* Plug in the hotend thermistor connection and power connection.
* Carefully place extruder back into the extruder and hand tighten the M3 20mm screw to the lower right extruder base hole (See picture above).
Wiring your Ubis 13s
Adding a 30mm fan to your Ubis 13S Hot End will help reduce clogging by keeping the heat sink cool. To complete these steps, you will need the following.
- Ubis 13S Hot End
- 30mm Fan with 2-pin Connector
- Dual Fan Adapter Cable (Rev F5 Printrboard users)
- Fan Extension Cable (Rev F6 Printrboard users and some F5 users)
- Printable Fan Shroud for the Ubis 13 Hot End
- Screws (x4) - In this example we are using 3/4" length #4-24 pointed steel sheet phillips pan head screws.
Print & Attach Fan Shroud
Of course, it is a good idea to print the fan shroud that you will need before you go disconnecting wires and removing your hot end from the bot. Use four screws to attach the shroud to the fan.
Wiring for F6 Printrboard Users: Printrboard Port > Wire > Component
- Printrboard "HOTEND" --> Hot End Power Extension (red & black - existing) --> Ubis 13S Hot End Power (black)
- Printrboard "T-EXT" --> Hot End Thermistor Extension (white & black - existing) --> Ubis 13S Hot End Thermistor (clear)
- Printrboard "FAN1" --> Fan Extension (red & black) --> 40mm Fan (existing)
- Printrboard "FAN2" --> Fan Extension (red & black) --> 30mm Fan w 2 pin connector
With the Rev F6 Printrboard, you can control your 40mm fan as you have previously: enabling cooling at a specific layer height or leaving it off for the entire print. The 30mm fan (plugged into "FAN2" on the Printrboard) will activate any time the hot end meets/exceeds 50C temp.
Wiring for F5 Printrboard Users
- Printrboard "HOTEND" --> Hot End Power Extension (red & black - existing)--> Ubis 13S Hot End Power (black)
- Printrboard "T-EXT"--> Hot End Thermistor Extension (white & black - existing)--> Ubis 13S Hot End Thermistor (clear)
- Printrboard "FAN"--> Fan Extension --> Dual Fan Adapter
- Connect the 30mm fan to one of the male ends of the Dual Fan Adapter Cable.
- Connect the 40mm fan wire (existing) to the other male end of the Dual Fan Adapter Cable.
Now both the recently added 30mm fan and existing 40mm fan will be powered by the "FAN" fet on your Printrboard. To send a manual command to enable both fans, enter "M106" into your Send line in the Pronterface UI. Enter "M107" to power off the fans.
IMPORTANT: As soon as you power ON and connect via USB, open the Pronterface UI in Cura (⌘P for Mac) and enter the command "M106" to turn your fan on. It's easy to get distracted in the middle of getting a print started. So, go ahead and get that fan going first thing.
It almost goes without saying, the best thing to do is to load the model and get to printing right away. It is not recommended to just let your hot end (metal or ceramic) sit at temp without printing for an extended length of time.