If you are having trouble with the wifi setup wizard at wifisetup.printrbot.cloud, try the suggestions below to connect your Simple Pro to your local wifi network.
Begin by making sure that your LCD screen is not password protected. Even if you have never set up a password on your Printrbot, please go through the steps to clear the password to verify.
1.) Navigate to the “Settings” section of your LCD menu.
2.) Then go to "Password".
3.) Leave the “Password:” field blank and tap the checkbox at the bottom right of the LCD screen. In some rare cases, you will need to type in a character (for example the letter A), then delete the character, and tap the checkbox at the bottom right of the LCD screen. Do not cycle the power on your Printrbot after clearing the password.
4.) Tap the "WiFi" icon to view the WiFi screen.
5.) While your Printrbot is in access mode, connect your laptop/PC/mobile to the "printrbot" access point (wifi network) and type in the IP address listed on the wifi screen on your bot. (In this example: 192.168.4.1)
*NOTE: Be sure to visit http://IP.add.r.ess... Do not enter httpS://... into your browser.
6.) Populate the "wifi ssid" and "wifi password" fields with your local network name and password. As a matter of best practice, you can type your password into a separate text doc and copy/paste it into the "wifi password" field. You can leave the "name" field blank.
After clicking "Save", you should see the LCD screen on your printer refresh with your local network name.
7.) Once you have successfully added your Printrbot to your local network, switch back to you your wifi network on your computer/phone.
- To verify that your Printrbot is not password protected, switch to the "printrbot" wifi network and enter "pb.ip.add.ress/info" (In this example: 192.168.4.1). The "locked" status should read "false".
- You have to manually set your wifi to the local network. Follow instructions to boot up the bot, then switch to the printer access point wifi network. Wait until it connects, which can take a while.
- Some phones default to using https:// so you have to manually type in http://ip_address
- You can go back to wizard page, click "Next" and wait for it to scan for networks. Next, select the desired network and put in your password. The printer will reboot and takes a moment to connect to the local network you choose.
- Some computers appear to stay on the "printrbot" network and don't automatically drop back automatically to your local network. So, you have to go to your wifi and manually select your local network again to get it connected. Now you are done and you can pull up http://printrbot.cloud and add your printer to connect.
- If you are still unsuccessful in connecting your Simple to your local wifi network, click here.