SYMPTOMS: See answers to the corresponding issues below.
- I have lines on my LCD screen.
- When I upload a file to the printer it says, "File Not Found".
- I already set up wifi on my printer. How do I change wifi networks?
- My printer just disappeared from the top right corner of my cloud screen.
- My screen turns ON, and then goes black.
- I tried to unload filament. Now the filament is stuck and the extruder is clicking.
- I started a print and the LEDs just began flashing.
- The status of my printer in the cloud is gray. How do I get it to connect properly?
RESOURCES: Links to additional information.
Getting Started Page - https://printrbot.com/project/2016simple/
Starting print and time-lapse video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWVwowfvmjo
Screen Troubleshooting - https://printrbot.com/2016/11/19/troubleshooting-your-2016-printrbot-simple/
Over the air individual updates - http://printrbot.cloud/#firmware
To monitor the process of your updates, enter
Simple Documentation Google Drive Folder - http://tinyurl.com/gt72ysk
1. I have lines on my LCD screen. How do I fix it?
- Ensure that your printer is powered on.
- Open a browser window on your computer and navigate to “printrbot.cloud/#firmware”.
- Check the upper right-hand corner and make sure that your Simple is connected to the cloud as indicated by a green box for yes, and a gray box for no.
***If you do not have a green box, contact Support@Printrbot.com and reference this guide, along with this guide and issue you are having.
4.) Click on the “Update MK20 Firmware” tab. ***By doing this, your machine is going to download the latest version of the firmware, which may take a few minutes depending upon internet speeds. Then the display is going to go blank while the update is applied. It is imperative that you do not remove power from the Simple during this time, until the display comes back on.***
5.) Once your display comes back on, the update will have taken effect and the display should be back to factory settings and working as expected.
*Click here for screenshots.
2. When I upload a file to the printer it says, "File Not Found". Any solutions?
When you upload a file to the cloud, the first thing that happens is a rendering is made of the object you uploaded, this is just a picture of your object. The second thing that happens is the cloud “slices” your object and prepares it for printing on your Simple. Depending on the size and complexity of your object, more time may be required to prepare the code.
- Delete the Project from your Simple.
- Give the cloud a few minutes to prepare your file
- Send the Project to your Simple and try again.
- If you still receive the “File Not Found” error, delete the Project from your Simple and from the cloud
- Start a new Project and re-upload your file to your project.
- Give the cloud a few minutes before sending the project to your Simple
- You should be good to print now
- If you are still having issues, review the object you are trying to upload for errors or design issues.
3. I already set up wifi on my printer. How do I change wifi networks?
- On your display, go to “Settings”, the “Wifi”. Write down your Simple’s IP address. In this example, the IP address shown is 10.0.0.192.
- Open a browser window on your computer and enter the following address: 10.0.0.192/#wifisetup In place of the example IP address, be sure to put your machine’s IP address. You will be directed to the wifi setup screen for your Simple.
- Enter the new network you want to connect to, along with the network’s password, and then press “Save”.
- The display on your Simple will jump to the Wifi Settings page and display the new IP address for the network you changed to.
- If you entered the password or network name incorrectly, meaning the Simple could not connect to your new network, it will go back into access point mode. From here, use the getting started guide to take you through the wifi setup procedure. That guide is located here https://printrbot.com/project/simplepro
*Click here for screenshots.
4. My printer just disappeared from the top right corner of my cloud screen. What should I do?
If printrbot.cloud seems to disconnect from the printer, make sure the internet settings are correct. On the LCD screen, click the settings button in the lower left-hand corner and select the Wifi icon. Make sure the correct internet network settings are still there.
If all settings are good, refresh your browser in order to regain the connection with the printer.
5. My screen turns ON and then goes black. What do I do?
DO NOT POWER OFF. The printer is applying an update that it had downloaded. It is imperative that you do not remove power from your Simple during this process. When the Simple turns back on you are good to start printing again.
6. I tried to unload filament. Now the filament is stuck and the extruder is clicking.
If when you are using the “Unload Filament” feature on the LCD screen and the filament gets jammed there may be a couple possible issues happening. The first is that the filament may have a bulb on the end that may not be getting through the gears. Press the end of the arm down to release tension on the gears and see if you can’t pull the filament out the rest of the way. It may simply lift out with little to no pressure at all.
If pulling the filament with some force does not produce results, then you may need another technique. Try pushing the filament back down while compressing the arm in order to melt the end of the plastic. Push some filament out through the hot end and see if the printer can pull it out the second time around. The problem is that the filament cooled on the way out and is too difficult to pull out. If it still struggles, you can try pressing the arm down and pushing filament into the hot end and manually pulling the filament out rapidly.
7. I started a print and the LEDs just began flashing.
If this, or something like this should happen, something went wrong with the print while it was being generated. Delete the project from the LCD screen by clicking the red button on the lower right-hand corner of the picture. Go to the file in question in your printrbot.cloud account and open up the rotate image screen. First click on the image, then click the cube button in the upper right hand corner in order to open the image rotation screen. Try rotating the image however much you want on the Z axis and hit save. Close out the screens and resend the project to the printer. This will force the cloud to reslice the object and give it the proper commands to print properly.
First, click on the image. Then, click the cube button in the upper right-hand corner in order to open the image rotation screen. Try rotating the image however much you want on the Z axis and click "save". Close out the screens and resend the project to the printer. This will force the cloud to reslice the object and give it the proper commands to print successfully.
If this should result in the same issues in trying to print then try contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference the issues you are having and this guide when submitting a ticket.
8. The status of my printer in the cloud is gray. How do I get it to connect properly?
Was your Simple connected to the cloud prior to this issue? If Yes, start at Step 1. If No, please start with the “Getting Started Guide” for instructions on how to setup your Simple to connect to your local wifi network. That guide is available here: https://printrbot.com/project/2016simple/
1. You may have conflicting passwords in the Cloud and on your Simple, so the first step is to ensure that this is not the case. Use the “Troubleshooting Wifi Connection on your Simple Pro” guide, located at the link below.
2. If you are still having issues, please contact Support@Printrbot.com and reference the issue you are having, along with this guide.